A shared mailbox can be used to facilitate Outlook-based mail merges from an e-mail address other than that of the user that is currently logged in. This article describes the procedure for configuring a shared mailbox profile in Outlook.
- From the Windows Start Menu launch Control Panel, then click the Mail icon.
- From Mail Setup - Outlook, click Show Profiles...
- Select Prompt for a profile to be used, then click the Add... button.
- Enter in the name for the new Profile and click OK.
- On the Add Account window, select Manual setup or additional server types, then click Next >
- On the Choose Your Account Type window, type the Shared Mailbox e-mail address in the Email Address field and click Next >
- You should see a Congratulations window. Click Finish.
- You should see your new profile listed in the Mail window. Click OK.
- Launch Outlook. You should see a Choose Profile window. Select your new profile from the dropdown and click OK.
- In Outlook, you should see the contents of the shared mailbox.