|How can I configure my iPhone, iPad or other iOS device to access LETU email?|
1. To add an Exchange account to your iOS device, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange.
2. On the next screen, enter your complete email address, domain, username, password, and a description (which may be anything you like). Ask your Exchange Server administrator if you are unsure of the domain. If you are unable to view your folder list, or are unable to send or receive email, leave the domain field blank.
3. Your iOS device will now try to locate your Exchange Server using Microsoft's Autodiscovery service. If it cannot locate the server, you will see the screen below. Enter your front-end Exchange Server's complete address in theServer field. Contact your Exchange Server administrator if you are unsure of the address.
4. Your iOS device will try to create a secure (SSL) connection to your Exchange Server. If it cannot do this, it will try a non-SSL connection. To override the SSL setting, go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, tap Account Info, then toggle the Use SSL slider.
5. After successfully making a connection to the Exchange Server, you may be prompted to change your device passcode to match whatever policies may have been set on your server.
6. Choose which type or types of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only three days' worth of email is synchronized. To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync.
NOTE: After configuring an Exchange ActiveSync account, all existing contact and calendar information on the iOS device is overwritten. Additionally, iTunes no longer syncs contacts and calendars with your desktop computer. You can still sync your iOS device wirelessly with MobileMe services.
CREDIT: The information above is taken from the official Apple Knowledgebase article on this procedure at http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2480
- Link to any related Knowledge Base articles or External Links Showing first 15 of 16 results
Other similarly rated articles:
|There were no results.|