When choosing a new password, you'll have to select one that meets the password complexity requirements listed below.
- Must be a minimum of seven characters long
(you are encouraged to pick a password at least 15 characters long as that will soon be the LETU minimum requirement for passwords)
- Cannot contain any part of your first or last name, or your account name
- Cannot contain any compromised or easily guessed passwords
- Cannot be a password you've previously used
- Must have at least three of the following character types:
(if you enroll in LETU's Passphrase Pilot you can remove this restriction and use the newer simplified requirement of a non-complex 15 character or longer password (i.e. fancytrucklawnmower).
- A capital letter (A, B, C, etc)
- A lower-case letter (a, b, c, etc)
- A number (1, 2, 3, etc)
- A symbol (!, @, #, etc)
- Note: Your LETU password should be a password you do not use on any other system.
- More Info: Best Practices for Choosing a Secure Password
- Link to any related KB articles or External Links