What is Microsoft Stream?
- Microsoft Stream is an enterprise video storage application (similar to YouTube)
- Stream videos are available at: web.microsoftstream.com
- You can use it to share videos with other people at LETU.
- Videos recorded through Microsoft Teams are stored in Stream.
Getting Started: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/stream/portal-get-started
Permissions and privacy in Microsoft Stream
Default permissions to Stream videos
- By default videos you upload to Stream will not be visible to other people even if you share the link to the video. You will need to grant them explicit permissions to the video.
- If you record a Teams meeting, all attendees of that meeting should automatically have access to the Stream video of that meeting.
Assigning Permissions to Groups
- Instead of assigning individual users permissions to videos or channels, you can assign permissions using a group/Team. You can do learn how to do this here: How to Create a Team in Teams