- Can you log in to mail.letu.edu? If yes, restart Outlook.
- Use your UserName@letu.edu email address when prompted for credentials and check the "remember credentials" box.
If prompted again, click Cancel.
If prompted again after Cancel, move on to step 3.
- Verify that prompt for Credentials isn’t checked in profile:
- Start Outlook
- Choose File | Account Settings | Account Settings
- Select your Exchange account
- If prompted, in the Password: text box, type your password
- Click the Change button
- Click the More Settings button
- Select the Security tab
- Deselect the "Always prompt for logon credentials" check box
- Click OK,
- Choose Close
- Restart Outlook.
Mac Outlook -- Choose Tools | Accounts | type your LETU password in the password field. Close the Accounts window.
4. Clear your cached passwords (Note: you may need Admin rights to do this) - Windows
- Exit Outlook and Teams.
- Choose Start | Control Panel | View by Large Icons (upper right of window) | User Accounts | Manage your credentials (left column)
- Select all credentials for Microsoft, Outlook, OneDrive, and Teams and choose Remove from Vault
- Exit and reboot your computer.
Clear your cached password - Mac
- Exit Outlook and Teams
- Select Finder | Utilities | Keychain Access
- In the search field, type Exchange. Delete all entries for your Exchange account.
- In the search field, type adal. Delete all entries who type is MicrosoftOffice.....
- In the search field, type office. Delete all entries named Microsoft Office Identities Cache 2 and Microsoft Office Identities Settings 2
- Quit Keychain Access.
- Restart Outlook. You will be prompted to authenticate.
5. Rename the Outlook .ost file (if get error about "cannot open set of folders")
- Exit Outlook and Teams.
- From the Start menu, choose Run.
- In the Run window, type this path in the Open box "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Microsoft\Outlook\"
- Click OK
- Find the .ost file and rename it (you may need to Show Hidden Files and Show Extensions to see the file)
- Restart the computer
- Restart Outlook
6. Creating a New Profile (when you create a new profile, you will need to re-add any email account you check including shared departmental accounts)
- Exit Outlook and Lync
- Choose Start | Control Panel | View by Large Icons (upper right of window) | Mail (may say Mail 32-bit)
- Click Show Profiles
- Click Add
- Type the name of the profile e.g. your name and click OK
- Enter your name and email if it doesn’t default in automatically
- Click Next – it should auto configure
- Click Finish
- Back in the Mail window – Select your new profile in the "Always use this profile" dialog box and click Ok.
NOTE: you will need to reopen any .pst or archive files you have.