- Ethernet switch (Netgear 5 or 8-Port) with PoE (Power Over Ethernet), or Power Injector
- Power Cable
- Cisco 8845 IP Phone
- Ethernet Cables (2)
- One yellow Ethernet cable
- One purple Ethernet cable
- Plug the yellow Ethernet cable into "port 8" on the Ethernet switch. Plug the other end of this cable into your home router or switch.
- If using a Power Injector - plug an Ethernet cable from our home router to the DATA IN port on the injector
- Plug the purple Ethernet cable into "port 1" on the Ethernet switch. Plug the other end of this cable into the port on the back of the phone labeled with the Ethernet icon.
- If using a Power Injector - plug an Ethernet cable from the DATA/POWER OUT port on the injector to the phone port labeled with the Ethernet icon.
- Plug the power adapter into the back of the Ethernet switch. Plug the other end of the power adapter into a power strip or outlet.
- If using a Power Injector - plug it into a power outlet.
Wait for the phone and Ethernet switch to start up.
Turning on the VPN:
- Once the phone is powered up, press the settings button (gear button).
- Go to the VPN option and turn the VPN to "ON" if not already enabled.
- The phone should now be connected and ready for use.
If not already installed, plug the handset into the designated port on the back of the phone. The port is labeled with a phone icon.
To reassemble the back stand:
We have removed the stand for shipping. If you want to use the phone in an inclined position, then follow these instructions to
reassemble the stand. You need to insert the two prongs on the stand in the two holes on the back of the phone shown in the picture.
Don't forget to take off the film on the screen and the camera!
If you have any questions over topics covered in this article, please call us directly at 903-233-3500 or send us an email at email@example.com.