If you don't have the Skype for Business client installed that is available in the LETU Office 365 package, you can install and use the Skype for business Web App.
The Skype for Business Web App is part of the step by step process when invited to join a Skype meeting.
Creating a Skype for Business session.
- Using the Outlook 2013 (or newer) client, switching to the calendar, you will have the New Skype Meeting button, click on the button.
- As normal, list the names and email addresses (inside or outside LETU) in the "To:". Also give the meeting a subject. Click on Send.
Joining a Skype for Business session.
- You will receive as a calendar invite (through the steps above for creating) a Join Skype Meeting invite with a link on it, click that link.
- If the Skype for Business client is not installed, you'll get a screen similar to the one below. Click on the "Join Using Skype for Business Web App instead.
- This will take you to a screen with step by step instructions to use the Skype for Business Web App. The first thing you'll need to do is download and install the Skype for Business Web App plug-in. To do this, click on the link #1 on the screen. A small plug-in will download. Go to your browsers download files (usually the download file is at the bottom of the browser) and run or open the file. The Skype for business Web App will be installed.
- Now, go back to your browser screen with the three steps. Click on "Join the meeting", a Launch Application or do nothing will appear. Click on Launch Application
- Next a Skype for Business Web App prompt will display. Go ahead and type in your name and join as guest.
- Click on Join the meeting and you'll be in the meeting.
Please note that you'll need at least speakers to hear any Skype for Business meeting. In order to participate, you'll need a web cam and microphone. To find out more click here.