2. This will open the 'Chat' interface and should look something like this:
3. To start a new chat, click the icon next to the search bar at the top of the window. This will provide you will a field to add the users you want to include.
4. Once you've added everyone you want, type a message in the box and press enter to send. This will essentially make this chat 'official' and Teams will track it much like your email inbox.
Looking on the left, you should now see the chat you just created.
- If you have lots of chats and want to be sure one is always visible at the top - you can right-click on the chat preview in the left window and choose "Pin" - this will "Pin" the chat to the top of your chat list for easy access.
5. The chat pane will then add available options for what you can do.
- So you can keep track of what each chat's purpose is, you can name rename the group by clicking the pencil next to the names of the users.
- These icons indicate the types of sharing that are available to you. From left to right: Video chat, audio only, and screen share. You can also add additional members to the chat by clicking the icon on the far right.