- Visit http://phones.letnet.net (you may get a security error, go ahead and proceed) and log in with your LETU username and password.
(This site can only be reached from a LETU campus or from Remote Desktop Services.)
- On the left, select "Call Forwarding" and make sure the phone extension you want to forward is selected. In most cases, it will be the only extension listed.
- If you have a department or other line on your phone, it should be listed as well. You must have the number in question listed on your phone in order to forward calls from the web interface. If you do not see the number you want to forward, please call the helpdesk at (903) 233-3500 for assistance.
- Check the "Forward all calls" option and type in a phone number over the top of the default "Voicemail" value. Keep in mind that you need to format this number as if you were dialing it from your desk. This means you should preface the number with an "8" for all off-campus calls and add a "1" for all long distance or toll free calls.
- For instance, for a local Longview number you would enter 89032361234
- For a toll-free number you would enter 818001234567
- You cannot forward calls to international numbers. Domestic long distance numbers generally should work fine if they do not require a pin-code on campus.
- If you have more than one directory number (extension) assigned to your phone, choose a line and follow step 3 for each extension.
- Click Save at the bottom.