- The instructor has not input zeroes (0) for missed grades. As noted in the question above, Canvas does not factor in ungraded assignments when calculating a student’s grade. It is critical that you input a “0” grade for students’ missed assignments when grading.
- Your course is set up using assignment group(s), and a group that contains your assignments is either incorrectly weighted or weighted at 0%.
- NOTE: Within each assignment group, a percentage is calculated by dividing the total points a student has earned by the total points possible for all assignments in that group. This means that all assignments in a group need to be calculated with the same total points possible if you want them to be equally weighted; otherwise, an assignment with higher points will be worth significantly more. For example, an assignment with 100 possible points is worth ten times that of an assignment in the same group with 10 possible points.
- For more information on how to set assignment groups, see https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10149-415241291.
- For more information on how to using assignment groups for course grade weighting, see https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10059-415267002.