To Access OneDrive for Business:
- Visit http://o365.letu.edu and login with your LETU email address and LETU password.
- Click on the "OneDrive" option in the top menu ribbon.
To Sync your OneDrive for Business library on your local desktop
Guidelines and Limitations for OneDrive for Business use
- FERPA/CSI: OneDrive for Business is made available for collaborative use – but files with FERPA or other protected or confidential student or University data may only be stored on LETU systems (including MyFiles, MyDocuments, Department or Project Shares).
- Critical Files:
- In addition, any files critical to University business should continue to have a master copy stored on University file systems.
- The primary personal storage for LETU is the MyDocuments/MyFiles service for all Students, Faculty and Staff. The primary department/team sharing options are the \\letnet.net\fs\common, \\letnet.net\fs\departments and similar locations. OneDrive for business is provided as a supplemental option to facilitate certain ad-hoc, non-critical collaboration/sharing options and should be treated as a non-mission critical, supplemental resource.
- LETU Business Processes: OneDrive for Business should not be incorporated as a core or non-replaceable part of any University business process. In particular remember that OneDrive content will be unavailable if the original sharing author leaves the University. OneDrive for Business may be use to supplement or enhance access to business processes as long as:
- FERPA and related guidelines above are followed
- The loss of OneDrive for Business content or interruptions in access to that content would not cripple the business process.
- OneDrive for Business is a service we contract with Microsoft to provide. While there are some self-recovery options for recently changed or deleted files, Microsoft does not currently provide us any options for restore of files from OneDrive for Business beyond these self-help options. In addition, any interruptions to OneDrive for Business must be corrected by Microsoft in their repair timeframe. Please ensure you have a master copy of any important documents on LETU-protected storage such as MyFiles, MyDocuments, Department or Project Shares.
- Access to OneDrive for Business is automatically deactivated when your relationship with LETU ends. When your access is deactivated any files in your OneDrive will be removed. It is your responsibility to migrate any files in the LETU OneDrive for Business to a personal OneDrive account or other location prior to leaving LETU.
- Relationship to OneDrive: OneDrive for Business is a different product than OneDrive and you may not have access to the same use options with OneDrive for Business as you do with the free OneDrive offered to the general public.