Already Setup and Want to Change or Confirm your settings?
LETU Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an additional security step that helps protect your LETU account by making it harder for other people to break in. Follow the steps below to complete configuring your account with MFA.
Setting Up Your Authentication Methods
- Sign in to https://myapps.microsoft.com using your LETU email address and password.
- Click on your picture/account name in the top right, then select "profile" from the drop down.
Select "Edit Security Info" under the Manage Account section.
The next page that loads will show you all of your current active security methods. If you haven't configured MFA yet then you'll need to click "Add Security Info."
- The next window that should have popped up will give you the option to select the security measure you'd like to add.
LETU strongly recommends the use of the "Authenticator app" option. After selecting this option, follow the on screen prompts.
(For more information on what each type of "security info" means, see the section below "Decide how you want to verify your sign-ins")
- Once the app is set up, it is recommended to repeat step 4 (above) and select "Alternate Phone". This is to set up an alternative means of approval in case you lose your primary device. (You'll need to have access to any phone you set up as an alternate). The following prompt will display and you'll need to fill it out and enter your phone number in place of "903-233-your office phone extension". Be sure to select "Call Me".
- Clicking "Next" will trigger an automated call to your desk phone where you'll need to confirm the authentication by pressing "#" when prompted.
Decide how you want to verify your sign-ins
The first question in the enrollment process is how you want us to contact you. Take a look at the options in the table, and use the links to go to the setup steps for each method.
LETU strongly recommends the use of the Mobile app as the primary MFA method for all users with a mobile or phone text as a backup.
- (Recommended Option): Receive notifications for verification. This option pushes a notification to the Microsoft authenticator app on your smartphone or tablet. View the notification and, if it is legitimate, select Authenticate in the app. Your work or school may require that you enter a PIN before you authenticate.
- (Alternative option) Use verification code. In this mode, the authenticator app generates a verification code that updates every 30 seconds. Enter the most current verification code in the sign-in interface.
To use this option you'll need to first install the Microsoft Authenticator app on your smartphone. Download links for this app are below:
|Mobile phone call or text||- (Alternative option) Phone call places an automated voice call to the phone number you provide. Answer the call and press # in the phone keypad to authenticate.|
- (Alternative option) Text message ends a text message containing a verification code. Following the prompt in the text, either reply to the text message or enter the verification code provided into the sign-in interface.
|Office Phone Call||This method is not currently available for LETU MFA and should not be chosen.|