- When a student or employee is attempting to clock in to TimeClock Plus and they receive an error saying they are trying to clock in too far in advance of the pay period. This means that payroll needs to close a pay period. Eight (8) weeks can be opened at one time in TimeClock Plus. The system automatically rolls to the next available week. If all 8 weeks have passed, Friday night at midnight, the system will roll to the next week which is in past. By closing a pay period, the system will roll to the proper week in the TimeClock Plus system. It is normal for payroll to keep 3 or 4 weeks open in the system. Currently, the Payroll Manager is Angela Bryan. This issue should always surface at the end of the pay week, on Friday night at midnight, as the week transitions. If this happens, Angela will need to be contacted on her cell at the following number: 903-240-0805 to close out a pay period.
- When a student or employee is unable to get LDAP authenticated when logging into TCP:
- Check with Payroll to make sure the student has been set up in TCP - sometimes there is a couple of weeks wait time - sometimes it's the manager getting the paperwork properly filled out.
- Check to be sure the student or faculty person has not recently changed their password and are signing in on a Mac. The way a mac saves passwords, sometimes it is still remembering the old password. Best way to test is have the person try to login to TCP from your pc.
- Check to be sure the student or faculty person has not used html characters in their password such as */>\< This causes problems with the way TCP is resolving the password.
- When Payroll is trying to close a week, but TCP says that One or more punches is conflicting or missing approval, without listing any employee
- Link to any related Knowledge Base articles or External Links
Other similarly rated articles: