Every kind of technology has shortcuts, quick ways to get things done. Operating systems have had them since the beginning.
Windows has shortcuts of all kinds. Documentation by version and type is kept here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts.
General, some favorites are:
- Windows Key + D for getting to the Desktop quickly
- Windows Key by itself for bringing up your menu
- Windows Key + R for getting to the Run dialog quickly
- Alt-Tab while holding the Alt key down: cycles you through all the programs you have open
- Ctrl + C: copy
- Ctrl + X: cut
- Ctrl + V: paste
- Home: take you to the beginning of a line
- End: take you to the end of a line
- Ctrl + space: open up the window menu
Feel free to use comments for this article to give us your favorites.